Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Theater and Rapping


Ever since I started getting back in shape and playing soccer again this semester I've become increasingly anxious about playing in the spring with the team. School is already getting to me as well. I keep on finding myself wondering when winter break will arrive. Other than the usual, I've been keeping myself busy by rapping a lot and working on videos with my suite mate and roommate. Last year we would find ourselves bored a lot and found a good use of our time through rap sessions and making videos. Although most of us weren't very sharp when we first began rapping, we became increasingly good at it and it has definitely carried over from last year to this year, as we are collecting more and more instrumental songs to rap to as well. It's a good way to bond with friends and to entertain yourself. Besides rapping as a recreational activity, I have started making songs again with my friend from last year and making music videos for the songs we make. One of the songs we produced together last year aired on Tiger TV and the new music video we just made will be aired on Tiger TV as well. Working on all this allowed me to explore the arts through producing music and acting, and it has also allowed me to become more interested in theater, as I am currently taking Intro to Theater. I really enjoy expressing myself through both mediums of acting and rapping because of the freedom and creativity that can be created and constructed. Expanding your horizons and possibilities as a human is pretty valuable and significant to me especially in regards to enhancing and enriching what type of person you are. Exploring the many different and beautiful offerings of the world and exploring the boundaries of human potential is a desire that cannot be diminished in me; I'm always willing to try something new. I never limit myself because we only live once, so we might as well experience as much as we can no matter how foreign to us, because beauty comes from the variety of abundance.

Subscribe to my Podcast (iTunes)


Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)

No comments:

Post a Comment